June 2020 - ARC Covid 19 Relay - Finished!
|Furthest Female||Emily||4345 M|
|Furthest Male||Chris||5423 M|
|Furthest Even||Chris||5423 M|
|Furthest Odd||Tom||5021 M|
Line Up / Results
|Mon 01-Jun||Malc||4104||Rhubarb||Keith||2970||Scooby Doo|
|Tue 02-Jun||Gillian||3750||Baton Barbie||Faye||3267||Foam roller|
|Wed 03-Jun||Steve||3700||Top Trumps||Nick||3380||Hand fork|
|Thu 04-Jun||Jen||3383||Space rocket||Sophie||2900||Sticky stick|
|Fri 05-Jun||Chris||5423||Captain America||Andy||4506||Bike saddle|
|Sat 06-Jun||Liz||4090||Cotton bud||Charlie||3846||Hand fork|
|Sun 07-Jun||Rob||5070||Spoon (wooden)||Laura||3380||Vodka (small)|
|Mon 08-Jun||Sarah||3701||Dog lead||Catherine||3701||Recorder|
|Tue 09-Jun||Dave||3260||Bottle opener and Gabriel||Kate T||3718||Baton Betty|
|Wed 10-Jun||Betty Rubble||4039||Bone (human?)||Tinkerbelle||3605||Magic wand|
|Thu 11-Jun||Harvey||3710||Harvey rabbit||Jacqui||3380||Book (RLaG)|
|Fri 12-Jun||Lee||4748||Beanie Birdy||Nicola||4007||Hand sanitiser|
|Sat 13-Jun||Paul||3734||Clock and tape measure||Kim||4039||Lego baton|
|Sun 14-Jun||Richard B||3500||Travel brolly||Will||4908||Climbing friend|
|Mon 15-Jun||Matt H||3970||Shampoo||Rosie||4313||Climbing nut|
|Tue 16-Jun||Richard K||4420||Quackers||James||4168||Kettle|
|Wed 17-Jun||Ella||4280||Baton (bread)||Emily||4345||Bike pump|
|Thu 18-Jun||Matt LL||4720||Fan||Simon||4506||Jaws|
|Fri 19-Jun||Lee||4796||Snorkel & mask||Tom||5021||Thomas|
|Sat 20-Jun||David L_W||4100||Bat suit||Ben||4764||Nemo|
|Sun 21-Jun||Malc||3412||Car keys||Keith||4850||Car keys|
- Entries are now full.
- There will be 2 teams - Odds and Evens. Your birthday dictates which team you are in. For example, if your birthday is the 16th of the month, you are an “Even”.
- The list above shows the date we’d like you to do your run. One runner from each of the two teams will run each day. You are not expected to run together or on the same route or at the same time or anything complicated like that. If you can’t run on your allocated day, first please arrange a swap with another member of your team or if this fails post a message on the Facebook group. Latecomers can be added to the list during the event.
- Each runner runs for 19 minutes and records the distance covered - via Strava, GPS or “old skool” (OS map and a piece of cotton).
- Each runner MUST carry a baton for the duration of their run or their distance will be disallowed. The sillier, the better. There will be a prize for the “best” baton. Real relay batons are not allowed as they are not funny.
- Once a runner completes their run, they must post pictures of themselves and their baton on the Facebook page plus the distance covered.
- The team that has covered the most ground at the end of the challenge wins the much-coveted Covid-19 trophy.
- It is a competition, but no one should care too much who wins.
- Expect the rules to change mid-relay and if one team gets too far ahead the transfer window may be opened.
- And finally, seriously and most importantly, please observe the social distancing rules and guidelines in place at the time of your run.
17th Sept 2019
Chris Hollingshead was back and ran a great session on the Rec followed by a carb session at the BG
7th May 2019
We had a great run around the Fell race route (and more) in Brassington which ended in the Olde Gate inn for some great food and chat
26th March 2019 - Defib night
We had a demonstration of the defib equipment and then ran around town to some of the locations
27th November 2018
Stuart Swalwell organised an orienteering event, ran in pairs (apparently) with checkpoints around Ashbourne - great fun. Scores as follows:
|James, Howard & AndyL||440|
|Keith & Malc||340|
|DaveP & DaveT-S||330|
|Katie & Ewan||300|
|Sarah & Louise||260|
|Emily & Liz||260|
|Lee & Billy||240|
|Harvey & Rob||230|
|George & Bella||fun|